At your hotel.
When you think of African music, drums come usually as first, then sometimes balafon, the wooden xylophone. Well, don't worry, you will see and hear some ! But we will introduce you to another musical tradition, the gueweul tradition: West African bard oral chant accompnaied by the kora, an African harp with a calebasse as a resonning box. The artist will explain tradition of his art before his performance.
You will also discover the places where art is living, including cultural centres and theatres. You will see exhibits of paintings and sculpture and hear concerts of mbalakh or Senegalese rap and dancing performances.
At your request, you can also be guided through IFAN, Dakar's main museum, but this means you will skip some other part of the live culture tour. Just inform us of your preferences!
Depending on the time of booking, there may even be a local family tradition for you to experience!
At your hotel.
At your hotel
The following sites will be visited during the tour:
- Institut Leopold Sedar Senghor
- Centre Culturel Blaise Senghor
- Centre Culturel Douta Seck
- Maison des Jeunes et de la Culture de Yoff
- Théâtre Daniel Sorano
- Yoff's village des Arts
- Issa K.Diop's Atelier
- A Gueweul's home in Parcelles Assainies, and much more.
The following lists out the cancellation policies of the tour:
- Cancellations within 30 days prior to check-in incur deposit loss
- Cancellations within 7 days prior to check-in incur full amount loss.
The tour is free for children under 12 years of age.